Blues Brothers quotes remind us of one of the best musicals in the 80s, Saturday Night Live musical sketch by Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi. Blues Brothers remains one of the best car chase scenes in a muscial ever as Jake and Elwood Blues terrorize Chicago.
Fans will always appreciate their favourite movie, especially if the characters are outstanding. Quotes from the Blues Brothers remind us of some of the movie’s hilarious characters.
Famous Blues Brothers quotes
Which of the Blues Brothers movie quote appeals to you the most? Some of the quotes are hilarious and will have you cracked up. Consider the examples below.
- How much for the little girl?
- Mrs. Murphy: Don’t you blaspheme in here! Don’t you blaspheme in here! This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are gonna turn around and walk right out of here – without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt ‘Guitar’ Murphy!
- I hate Illinois Nazis.
- We’re on a mission from God.
- Yea – lots of space in this mall.
- You are such a disappointing pair. I prayed so hard for you. It saddens and hurts me that the two young men whom I raised to believe in the Ten Commandments have returned to me as two thieves, with filthy mouths and bad attitudes.- Sister Mary Stigmata
- Everybody Needs Someone To Love.
- Jake Blues: How often does the train go by? Elwood Blues: So often that you won’t even notice it.
- That ain’t no Hank Williams song. Rawhide!
- You have filthy mouths and bad attitudes.
- This is glue… Strong stuff! – Elwood Blues
- Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don’t fail me now! – Elwood Blues
- Why da ya gotta be so negative all the time? Why can’t ya offer some… constructive criticism? – Elwood Blues
- It’s a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses. – Elwood Blues
- You! How much for your wife? Ha ha ha ha ha! – Joliet Jake Blues
- I ran outta gas! I had a flat tire! I didn’t have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn’t come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from outta town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!! It wasn’t my fault I swear to God!!! – Joliet Jake Blues
- Boys, you gotta learn not to talk to nuns that way. – Curtis
Tanasha Donna’s new song: Video and reactions
READ ALSO: 10 best friendship goals you should actually aspire to
Best Blues Brothers quotes
Different characters from the movie said different things that fans cannot get out of their minds because of how hilarious they are. These statements stand out in such a way that when remembering the old show, they come up first. Some of these quotes are as follows.
- Elwood: It’s a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses. Jake: Hit it.
- Jake: First you trade the Cadillac for a microphone, then you lie to me about the band, and now you’re gonna put me right back in the joint! Elwood: They’re not gonna catch us. We’re on a mission from God!
- Jake Blues: They’re not the kinda guys who write letters. You were outside, I was inside. You were supposed to keep in touch with the band. I kept asking you if we were gonna play again. Elwood Blues: Well, what was I gonna do? Take away your only hope? Take away the very thing that kept you going in there?
- Elwood Blues: What kind of music do you usually have here? Claire: Oh, we got both kinds. We got country and western.
- Jake Blues: Bring me four fried chickens and a Coke. Mrs. Murphy: You want chicken wings or chicken legs? Jake Blues: Four fried chickens and a Coke.
- Corrections Officer: One Timex digital watch, broken. One unused prophylactic.[looks disgusted, picks something up with his pen] One soiled.
60+ coffee quotes and sayings to start your day
Inspiring Blues Brothers quotes
- Elwood Blues: People, when you do find that special somebody, you gotta hold that man, hold that woman! Love him, please him, squeeze her, please her! Signify your feelings with every gentle caress, because it’s so important to have that special somebody to hold, to kiss, to miss, to squeeze, and please!
- I want to do a romantic comedy that nobody thought I could do. And then do a comedy with Dan Aykroyd that is totally different from ‘The Blues Brothers.’ I’m a comic actor, but I’m an actor, too. – John Belushi
The above Blues Brothers quotes are some of the best fans remember from the movie. If you loved the movie then the sayings will take you down memory lane.
- Funny Sir Winston Churchill quotes
- Short Christmas sayings and wishes
- Most savage quotes and sayings
View more information: https://www.tuko.co.ke/333457-blues-brothers-quotes-best-lines-movie.html