Anyone who has had a chance to listen to Ambwene’s AKA A.Y. songs knows without a doubt that he is talented, and his skills are on another level. He is one of the first bongo artists to commercialize hip-hop music in his country and East Africa at large.
Ambwene Allen Yessayah, commonly known by his stage name A.Y. is not a new name in the Tanzanian hip-hop industry. He embarked on his musical career in a band before going solo. He is known for releasing hit songs and collaborating with renowned artists.
A.Y. profile summary
- Full name: Ambwene Allen Yessayah
- Stage name: A.Y.
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: 5th July 1982
- Birth sign: Cancer
- Place of birth: Mtwara, Tanzania
- Age: 38 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: Tanzanian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Religion: Christian
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Rehma Remy Munyana
- Profession: Singer
- Net worth: $1.3 million
Professor Jay biography: family, house, cars, politics, songs
A.Y. was born on 5th July 1982 in Mtwara, Tanzania. His real name is Ambwene Allen Yessayah. A.Y.’s family details such as parents, siblings, and upbringing are not known to the public. His educational background details have not been revealed to the public too.
The bongo Flava artist began his music career in 1996 with a group known as S.O.G. After singing with the group for around six years; he decided to embark on a solo career. He released his first solo album, Raha Kamili. The first single song from the album was Raha Tupu.
It was a massive success as it topped charts on radio and TV. The second single titled Machoni kama Watu, featured Lady Jay D, was equally well-received. He released his second album, Hisia Zangu, in 2005.
Rich Mavoko biography: wife, family, hometown, education, facts
The second album’s first single, Yule, topped charts too. He collaborated with top Tanzania and East African artists such as Tattu and Deux Vultures, Prezzo, and Maurice Kirya In his second album. He gained broader recognition in East Africa through the second single from his second album, Binadamu.
The jam was nominated for the Kora Awards, and this made him the first Tanzanian male artist to be nominated for the award. He has continued to release hits songs over the years. Some of A.Y.’s songs include:
- Raha Kamili
- Hisia Zangu
- Habari Ndio Hiyo
- Habari Ndiyo Hiyo
- Kings & Queens Ft. Amani & Jokate
- Microphone Ft. Fid Q
- More & More Ft. Nyashinski
- Touch Me Touch Me Ft. Sean Kingstone & Mis Trinity
- Zigo Remix Ft. Diamond Platnumz
Apart from music, the singer became famous through an endorsement deal he landed in 2006. He earned a deal with one of the top-selling liquors in Tanzania known as Konyagi. The contract opened doors to different commercial endorsements with Vodacom, Kilimanjaro Lager, Celtel, and Coca-Cola.
Mesach Semakula biography: wife, house, cars, songs, life story
Awards and nominations
With years of hard work, discipline and commitment to his career, the singer has taken numerous awards and nominations over the years. Here are the highlights of the awards and nominations he has bagged:
- 2007- Tanzania Music Awards for the Best Hip Hop Single
- 2007- Kisima Music Awards for the Best Video Tanzania
- 2008 -Tanzania Music Awards for the Collaboration Of The Year
- 2008- Pearl of Africa Music Awards for the Best Tanzanian Male Artist
- 2010 -Tanzania music awards for the Best Reggae Song
- 2012- Channel O Music Video Awards for the Best East African Video
- 2005- Kora Awards for the Best East African Male Artist
- 2008- Kisima Music Awards for the Tanzanian Video Of The Year
- 2008 -Kisima Music Awards for the East African Collaboration Of The Year Ft Amani (musician)
- 2008 – MTV Africa Music Awards 2009 for the Best Hip Hop
- 2009 – Channel O Music Video Awards for the Best African East
- 2010 -Tanzania music awards for the Best Music Video
- 2011 -Tanzania Music Awards for the Best Male Artist
- 2011- Tanzania Music Awards for the Best Hip Hop Song
- 2011 -Tanzania Music Awards for the Best Collaboration Song
- 2011- Tanzania Music Awards for the Best East African Song
- 2012 -Tanzania Music Awards for the Best Best Ragga/Dancehall Song
- 2012- Channel O Music Video Awards for the Video Of the Year
Dua Lipa: Sexuality, boyfriends, ethnic background, nationality, no makeup
A.Y.’s wife and children
A.Y. from Tanzania is married to his long-time girlfriend, Rehma Remy Munyana. The duo dated for a few before the engagement in 2017 at the Golden Tulip in Tanzania. They exchanged their wedding vows in 2018.
Within the same year, the singer and his wife welcomed their firstborn child, Aviel Yessayah. He was born on 12th August 2018 at the Medical City Healthcare in Dallas, Texas.
House and cars
In 2018, the Tanzanian singer bought his dream home in Calabasas, California, U.S.A. He had always desired to own a home in the States, and so that was a dream come true for him.
It has always been my dream that I own a home in the US. And now that I have purchased a mansion in California, I feel that I have achieved a major milestone in life. I thank God for this.
Ryan Paevey bio: Wife, parents, ethnicity, siblings, movies and TV shows
He has not offered any information about the cars he owns.
Ambwene Yesaya’s net worth is estimated to be around $1.3 million as of 2021. He has made such a significant sum of money from music and brand endorsements.
A.Y. fast fast facts
- Who is A.Y. ? He is a talented Tanzanian bongo Flava artist.
- What is A.Y.’s real name? He is called Ambwene Allen Yessayah.
- How old is A.Y.? The singer is 38 years old as of 2021. He was born on 5th July 1982.
- Where did A.Y. buy his dream house? The singer bought his dream home in Calabasas, California, U.S.A
- Is A.Y. married? Yes, he is married. His wife is called Rehma Remy Munyana.
- Which hospital was A.Y. child born? His firstborn child, Aviel Yessayah, was born at the Medical City Healthcare in Dallas, Texas.
- How much is A.Y. net worth? His worth is estimated to be around $1.3 million
Liam O’Brien: Net worth, salary, married, family, movies and TV shows
A.Y. has continued to make headlines in Tanzania and beyond, thanks to his incredible skills in music. His life and career story are an inspiration to many all over the world. The sky is the limit for him.
Tuko.co.ke shared an article on Mesach Semakula biography, wife, house, cars, songs, and life story. He is not a new name in the Baganda kingdom. He is a talented musician with several hit songs in his name. The singer also doubles up as a farmer and entrepreneur in real estate.
Mesach Semakula is one of the individuals the Ugandan music industry is lucky to have. He has worked hard to become a successful singer, farmer, and business person. His life and career journey are an inspiration to many.
View more information: https://www.tuko.co.ke/415907-ay-biography-family-net-worth-house-cars-songs-awards.html