By following this article you will get all the information ou need on how to pay KPLC postpaid bill via M-Pesa in detail. Now, you can pay your KPLC postpaid bill through your phone from anywhere at any time. This payment method is very convenient and easy to use.
READ ALSO: How to pay electricity bill via M-Pesa
- 1 About Kenya Power
- 2 KPLC M-Pesa
- 3 Paying KPLC bill via M-Pesa
- 4 How to pay KPLC postpaid bill via M-Pesa?
- 5 What is M-Pesa and how does it work?
- 6 M-Pesa charges in Kenya
- 7 KPLC customer care contacts
- 8 PayPal Kenya
About Kenya Power
KPLC is also known as Kenya Power and it deals with the distribution and transmission of electricity in Kenya. It provides electricity to approximately 6.2 million customers. The one and only mission of Kenya Power is “Powering people for better lives” and the vision of Kenya Power is ‘To provide an world-class power that delights our customers’.
Payment of your electricity bill became very easy when KPLC came together M-Pesa (Safaricom) to integrate their service delivery. On the official website of KPLC, you will get all the information regarding KPLC Lipa Na M-Pesa paybill, KPLC Lipa Na M-Pesa number, and KPLC Lipa Na M-Pesa charges. Clients who pay their electricity bill through M-Pesa can keep the records of their payment.
Kenya Power to reduce power bills for consumers in new plans
Now, you no longer need to spend your precious time standing in a queue at the office of Kenya Power to pay your KPLC postpaid bill. You can now pay KPLC via M-Pesa all while sitting at your home, office, college, or any other place. Keep reading this article and you will get all the information about payment of your electricity bill.
Paying KPLC bill via M-Pesa
Nowadays, nearly no one has the time to visit the KPLC offices and stand in a queue just to pay their electricity bill. Both postpaid customers and prepaid customers can pay their Kenya Power (KPLC) bill via M-Pesa. In a few minutes, you can easily pay your KPLC bill. To pay your KPLC bill, you should be knowledgable about the KPLC M-Pesa paybill number. At the time of payment, you have to enter your KPLC M-Pesa pay bill number. The KPLC pay bill number for postpaid customers is 888888 and KPLC prepaid M-Pesa pay bill number is 888880.
Siaya MCAs evade taxation in KSh 2m car grant award by Uhuru
READ ALSO: KPLC bill payment – Your guide to Kenya Power Company
How to pay KPLC postpaid bill via M-Pesa?
You have to follow few easy and quick steps to pay your KPLC postpaid bill through M-Pesa. This process of KPLC M-Pesa payment is very fast, easy, convenient, and reliable. The steps to pay your KPLC postpaid bill via M-Pesa are as follows:
- Take your phone and go to Safaricom menu
- Select M-Pesa menu and then click on Lipa Na M-Pesa
- Select the “Pay Bill option from Lipa Na M-Pesa menu
- M-Pesa asks you to enter the Kenya Power (KPLC) business number. Enter your KPLC pay bill number which is 888888.
- After entering your pay bill number, you have to enter your KPLC account number
- Now, enter the amount of money you wish to pay and click on ok button. The amount you can pay should be in between Kshs 100 (min) and Kshs 35000 (max).
- Check the above information which is given to you and enter your M-Pesa PIN and then click on OK button.
- After that, send your payment by clicking on OK button
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then check for your confirmation SMS. If you do not receive your confirmation SMS, then contact the M-Pesa support team. You can find their contacts on the official website of M-Pesa. You will get two confirmation messages, one from M-Pesa and other from KPLC.
Gulf African Bank mobile banking: Everything to know about GABPesa
By using the above steps, you can easily pay you electricity bill without going to KPLC offices. With only a few clicks, your KPLC M-Pesa payment will be done.
READ ALSO: KPLC Lipa Na M-PESA Paybill Number and Guide
What is M-Pesa and how does it work?
M-Pesa can be denoted as a system of transferring money with the help of your mobile phone. M represents mobile and ‘pesa’ is basically a Swahili word which means money. M-Pesa has its existence mainly in Kenya as well as few other countries as well.
M-Pesa enables facilities for money transfer, withdrawal, deposits, and payment og services and goods (Lipa Na M-Pesa) without difficulty, with the help of mobile phone. Several services offered by M-Pesa include: sending required amount to anyone, withdrawal of money, buying desired goods and services, request for a loan, pay bills, buy airtime, and save money.
Now, the question is ,how does M-Pesa work? To avail the services of M-Pesa, you need to have three things which are given below:
How to transfer money from M-Pesa to Standard Chartered Bank account
- Passport or national ID
- Safaricom line enabled mobile phone service
- Registration complete for M-Pesa user to access cost-effective service
If you have the above three things, then you can easily use M-Pesa. It is very easy to use. The main Menu of M-Pesa includes a number of selections which include: Withdraw Cash, Send Money, Buy Airtime, My Account, Lipa Na M-Pesa, and M-Shwari.
M-Pesa charges in Kenya
M-Pesa charges some money when you pay your KPLC postpaid bill. No charge will be made by M-Pesa when one opts to buy Safaricom airtime or in situations where Safaricom M-Pesa statement is generated. The monetary value involved in any transaction decides the withdrawal and transfer charges associated with Safaricom Kenya M-Pesa .
You can transfer any amount greater than Ksh 10 but you cannot withdraw less than Ksh 50 from an agent. In a particular day, the maximum amount which can be sent is Kshs 140000 and Kshs 70000 is the maximum amount involved in any transaction. The non-registered users in comparison to registered ones pay relatively more in order to transfer money.
Kenya Universities Safaricom M-Pesa paybill numbers
Checkout the M-Pesa rates which are given below:
Charges for withdrawal from M-Pesa agent
Charges for transfer to other M-Pesa users
Charges for transfer from unregistered user
Charges for ATM withdrawal
READ ALSO: KPLC Paybill Number for Postpaid and Prepaid Customers
KPLC customer care contacts
Telephone number: +254 203201000
Hotline numbers: 95551, 0732170170 and 0703070707
PayPal is a well known online payment service in Kenya. It is very beneficial for the customers because it allows safer and faster payment option and it also provides a suitable way of withdrawing money from anywhere. Without revealing your financial information, you can easily receive or send money.
How to open PayPal account
- To open a PayPal account, first, you need to open the registration page by using this link- click here.
- If you want to open an individual account, then click on “Personal account” option and if you want to open a business account, then click on “Business account” option.
- Now you need to provide your email address and your information in the application form. PayPal will send you a confirmation mail to your email address. To activate your PayPal account, click on the confirmation e-mail.
- Your account is created and you can receive or send money to the owners of PayPal account.
Follow the above steps properly and open your PayPal account. After opening your PayPal account, enjoy the services of this system.
View more information: https://www.tuko.co.ke/272926-how-pay-kplc-postpaid-bill-m-pesa.html