Computer games have gained a lot of popularity in the last few years and are becoming a favourite for both young and old. There are various categories of computer games, and survival and shooting games are the most common. A great example of such games is Unturned. If you don’t know how to play Unturned with friends, you’re missing out on a lot of fun!
Unturned is a free to play survival game for PCs that has steadily become popular. It was released on 7th July 2017. Unturned was designed by Nelson Sexton, and developed and published by Smartly Dressed Games. This game is only available on Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux. The modes that are there are multiplayer and singleplayer.
READ ALSO: How to play Starbound multiplayer with friends
- 1 How to play Unturned with friends
- 2 How do you invite people in Unturned?
- 3 How to connect to an Unturned server
- 4 How to connect to a friend’s Unturned server
- 5 How do you invite someone to your Unturned group?
How to play Unturned with friends
For you to play with friends, you will need to create a server then you can choose to invite them. Here’s how to create a server:
Social media users defend woman filmed hiding food in her shirt
Step 1: Open the Unturned folder
- Move to your steam library.
- Right-click on Unturned game.
- Then go to Properties, right-click on the “Local files” tab and after, click on “Browse local files”.
- Then the installation folder will open.
Step 2: Create a shortcut
- Click on create a shortcut and rename the file “Unturned – Server.exe” to remember it with ease.
- On the shortcut file right click on “Properties”.
- In the Target location place quotation marks if there are not there already then add -batchmode -nographics +Secureserver/YourServerName
- It should look like this, but it depends on your installation folder:
“C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonUnturnedUnturned.exe” -batchmode -nographics +Secureserver/ YourServerName
- After this click on Apply then OK.
Note: If you would like to create a local server, write “lanserver” in place of “secureserver” where only the players in your local network can join.
Step 3: Run the shortcut
- This will create a folder called servers. After it has opened close the command prompt window.
Netizens impressed by nurse, husband who build themselves a mansion within 3 months
Step 4: Configuration & commands of the Server
- Open Command.dat file by double-clicking on it. If Windows does not recognize it, open with Notepad
- Type the following for example,
name – yourservername
map – Yukon
port – 27105
- Although not a must, you can add the following:
password – 567 (that is if you want to make your server private)
maxplayers – 12
perspective – both
mode – normal(set the level of difficulty)
pvp or pve
cheats – on
owner – steam ID(automatically makes you admin after you connect to the server)
welcome message for anyone who joins
- Then click on save at the file on the menu bar.
Step 5: Restart your server
Run the server then go to the unturned folder. Afterward, double-click on the server file. Start your server and the changes should appear.
Step 6: Connect to your server
- Connect to the server you have just created after returning to the game.
- For you to connect, click on play, the servers then on LAN.
- Your server will show then you can connect to it.
- After you have created your server for your friends to join, copy the IP address of the hosts, run evolve then invite them.
Man proposes to girlfriend during police brutality protest, she says yes
READ ALSO: How to temporarily disable avast
How do you invite people in Unturned?
You can decide to make your server public or private to play with just your friends. To do so send your IP to the people you want to play with then they can connect to your server.
How to connect to an Unturned server
Here is how you can connect to a hosted server for Port-Forwarded, Hamachi or Tunngle
- Click on play then connect on the in-game menu.
- Delete the word Localhost in the IP field, and in place of it put the IP address found by the host.
- Type the port number. Remember that the server you want to connect to may have a port that is different from the default which is 25444.
- If the server has a password, enter it into the right box
- There is a power icon on the window of the Hamachi program and beside it is a number.
- Click on the number and select “Copy IPv4 address” which is the IP you are connecting to.
- Follow the same procedure as the one of port-forwarded.
Good Samaritan builds house for struggling granny, inspires netizens
- Log in to tunngle.
- Then on the search bar enter “Unturned”.
- Get to a lobby. Joining servers becomes easier when you are in the same lobby as your host. You are just required to enter the IP and Port.
- After you enter the IP and port as told by the host
How to connect to a friend’s Unturned server
You can connect to your friend’s unturned server if you have them send an invite. You can also do this by connecting to their server using their IP address where there is “Connect” on the menu.
How do you invite someone to your Unturned group?
Having people in a group comes in handy, and the more they are, the more efficient the teamwork is. The players in the same group can easily locate each other. To invite someone to your group:
- Click on your username on the main menu
- Right-click on “Groups”.
- Then click on the “Create a new group”.
- Key in the details in the required fields.
- Send invites to users that you can trust
- You can also configure “unturned” for some things in your group.
- Click on the character screen and then on the “Group tab”.
- Choose your group then assign a nickname for yourself.
Junior Nyong’o features in Adam and Eve-like photoshoot alongside female singer Xenia
READ ALSO: 10 best PC games download sites
Unturned is all about survival for the fittest. While playing, there is always this surreal feeling that always makes you want to go on forever. Now that you know how to play Unturned with friends, isn’t it time to see who has the best survival tactics?
READ ALSO: Harry Potter: How to play Wizards Unite
View more information: https://www.tuko.co.ke/319513-how-play-unturned-friends.html