Some people find it difficult to pay their expenses when buying commodities in supermarkets, wholesale and retail shops. There’s a new service in town which has made it easier for people to buy and receive money during transactions in business. We are talking about mVisa, the new platform made by Visa.
Visa is giving Safaricom who brought in Mpesa, a run for their money on the mobile money transfer business. So, the hustle of paying bills if you have no cash on you can be considered solved as long as your smartphone is linked to a bank account, that offers the mVisa services. Let’s look at the process of how to use mVisa Kenya below.
mVisa Kenya Launch
What is mVisa Kenya? mVisa is a platform which allows users to make mobile payments online by scanning a unique QR code. This allows buyers to purchase goods while their money moves directly from the bank account to the sellers account at no extra unit. mVisa in Kenya was launched in Nairobi, having been presented by Visa. It is a QR code-bade new portable installment benefit, that was planned to quicken computerized trade in Kenya and crosswise over Africa. What is a QR code? It comes to us from Japan where it is very common. QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by a cell phone.
How to activate M-Pesa till number for your business
It is used to take a piece of information from a transitory media and put it into your cell phone. You may have seen QR Codes in a magazine advert, on a billboard, a web page or even on someone’s t-shirt. Once it is on your cell phone, it may give you details about that business, allowing users to search for nearby locations or, for example, details about the person wearing the t-shirt, it also shows you a URL which you can click to see a trailer for a movie, or it may give you a coupon which you can use in a local outlet.
The reason why they are more useful than a standard bar-code is that they can store and digitally present much more data, including URL links, Geo coordinates, and text. The other key feature of QR Codes is that, instead of requiring a chunky hand-held scanner to scan them, many modern cell phones can scan them. As a feature of its underlying roll out, Visa has joined forces with several banks in Kenya in the road for helping people access payment through the use of a QR code. mVisa Kenya banks include;
How to reverse a PesaPal transaction
- Co-Operative Bank.
- Family Bank.
- NIC Bank.
- Prime Bank.
- National Bank.
Visa mVisa Kenya banks were formed in order to convey this support for Kenyan shoppers and merchants, as indicated by a Visa official statement. For example, cooperative bank Kenya mVisa can be accessed by updating your MC-op cash mobile phone application. If you do not have an MC-op cash application, dial *667# and get linked. This will be able to bring up mVisa which you can now use for paying goods and services at no extra cost. mVisa Kenya Family Bank has also provided an additional payment option in Family Bank’s mobile banking platform, PesaPap.
Visa initially introduced the service a year ago in India. Its consumers can directly access all of the funds in their bank accounts to pay merchants, person-to-merchant or P2M or individuals person-to-person or P2P. Since the exchange goes through the Visa organize, the purchasers and merchants don’t need to be clients of a similar bank or portable administrator. This brings, without precedent for Kenya, an adaptable and secure portable installment arrangement, fueled by Visa and its accomplice money related organizations.
How to open a Jiji account and start selling online
How to register for mVisa Kenya
Registration for mVisa is easier, instant and convenient. The process of registration is shown below:
- Download your Bank’s mobile application which supports mVisa if by any chance you do not have the application on your smartphone.
- Enter your ID and password in order to sign in to the application.
- Choose the bank account card number that you wish to link to and press continue.
- Set your MPIN which will connect all your transactions. Do not share your MPIN with anyone in order to keep your transactions secure.
Benefits of mVisa
- Simplicity – the payment service allows you to transfer funds from your bank account through your mobile phone.
- Security – payments come straight from your bank account, secured by your bank and Visa.
- Complimentary – mVisa comes at no charge. Unlike Mpesa transactions where you are charged multiple times to make transactions to banks, with mVisa there are no extra steps required to transfer money to a bank account.
M-Changa: How to register, collect and withdraw funds
READ ALSO:Access Kenya internet packages and costs
How to start accepting mVisa payment Kenya
mVisa transforms your smartphone into a new way of accepting payments for people who are in business. It brings you cashless transactions which have become utterly convenient. If you seek to receive payments through mVisa here are the steps to follow;
- Download the mVisa Kenya app on your mobile phone.
- Download your bank’s application which will be able to support mVisa.
- Ask your acquiring bank and receive a unique QR code. This QR code is unique to your business and linked to your bank account which makes it easier for people to scan and pay up any amount that they owe you.
READ ALSO: How to check NSSF number online kenya
How to make mVisa payments
In order to make payments to mVisa, a customer wishing to pay their bills should follow the following steps:
Current 4G Capital Kenya products, address and contacts
- Open your mobile banking app. Select and click mVisa.
- Scan the merchant QR code.
- Enter the amount you are required to pay.
- Or, the amount you owe may automatically appear!
- Confirm the payment you owe.
- Receive the payment confirmation via an SMS.
For Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD), follow the steps below;
- Simply access your bank’s USSD platform.
- Enter the merchant ID required to make the payment.
- Enter the amount you need to pay.
- Pay the amount needed and wait for a confirmatory message.
READ ALSO: How to check NSSF number online kenya
mVisa Kenya contacts
Different banks have their own contacts when it comes to mVisa. When using a specific bank, you can access the contacts of the bank through their website. However, the mVisa official access to their contacts include;
Official mVisa website: www.visa.co.ke
mVisa contacts: email@example.com
Visa’s administration will be accessible for both cell phones and highlight telephones, with the possibility to give a portable installment administration, to about every one of the 38 million dynamic cell phone clients in Kenya. Customers can likewise utilize mVisa operators for residential settlements and additionally to get to their money if there is no ATM machine close-by. These highlights are planned to quicken money related consideration, a core objective of both the Kenyan government and Visa. This is likewise in accordance with Visa’s 2015 duty to the World Bank, to bring the advantages of Visa and electronic installments to 500 million more individuals all inclusive before the finish of 2020. With mVisa Kenya, payments are now as easy as scanning the QR code with a smartphone or using the card displayed at the shop or any other place, which is transacting a business.
Everything you need to know about Kimisitu Sacco
- Tumia pesa ikuzoee. How Kenyan youngins are living it large
- Understanding capital gains tax Kenya
View more information: https://www.tuko.co.ke/282862-mvisa-register-use.html