Trae Young is not a new name in the sports industry. He is an American professional basketball player for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Oklahoma Sooners.
Trae Young is the only player to lead the NCAA in both points and assists in a single season. The Dallas Mavericks drafted him in the 2018 NBA draft with the fifth pick and later traded to the Atlanta Hawks.
- 1 Trae Young profile summary
- 2 Trae Young biography
- 3 Trae Young fast facts
Trae Young profile summary
- Full name: Rayford Trae Young
- Nickname: Trae Young
- Gender: Male
- Date of birth: 19th September 1998
- Birth sign: Virgo
- Place of birth: Lubbock, Texas
- Age: 22 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Eye colour: Dark brown
- Hair colour: Dark brown
- Weight: 82 kg
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Religion: Christianity
- Trae Young’s dad: Rayford Young
- Mother: Candice Young
- Siblings: Camryn Young, Timothy Young, Caitlyn Young
- Marital status: Single
- Education: Norman North High School
- Profession: Professional basketball player
- Salary: $26, 527,711
- Net worth: $6 million
Stephen Amell: wife, net worth, siblings, height, WWE career
Trae Young biography
Trae Young was born on 19th September 1998 in Lubbock, Texas. His parents are Rayford Young (father) and Candice Young (mother). Trae Young’s dad is a former basketball player at Texas Tech and a professional skimp in Europe.
Trae was raised in Oklahoma alongside his brothers and sister. Who are Trae Young’s siblings? The player has two brothers (Camryn Young and Timothy Young) and one sister (Caitlyn Young). He was born in a family of basketball players as one of his uncles played college basketball.
After his elementary studies, he joined Norman North High School in his hometown, Norman, Oklahoma. He did not play basketball as a freshman but instead waited till his sophomore year to join the school’s basketball team.
Career, contract and statistics
Trae Young has played basketball at different levels ranging from high school, college, professionally, and in a national as follows:
Ime Udoka bio: parents, wife, height, basketball career stats, net worth
High school career
The star began his high school career during his sophomore year. He had an average of 25 points, five assists, and four rebounds per game. Trae helped Norman North High School to win the 2015 area championship. He was also named Oklahoma’s Sophomore of the Year.
His basketball performance improved significantly during his junior year. He averaged 34.2 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 4.6 assists. He led the team to a 28-4 record, winning the regional title.
The school attained second positioning in the 2016 Oklahoma Class 6A championship game. During his senior year in high school, he averaged 42.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 4.1 assists per game. His shooting rate was 48.9%.
On 16th February 2017, Trae committed to the Oklahoma Sooners, making him the University of Oklahoma’s first five-star recruit since Tiny Gallon in 2010. He began his career on 12th November at the start of the 2017 season. He recorded 15 points, ten assists, and six rebounds in a win over the Omaha Mavericks.
Drake Bell: Net worth, wife, children, nationality, parents, movies
Three days after his college career debut, he recorded 22 points and a then season-high 13 assists in a win over the Ball State Cardinals. Some of his other games and stats in his college career are as follows:
- 26th November 2017 – 43 points and seven assists in a 90–80 win over the Oregon Ducks.
- 19th December 2017 – 26 points and 22 assists in a 105–68 win against the Northwestern State Demons.
- 5th January 2018 – West Virginia Mountaineers’ Press Virginia defence forced him into eight turnovers
- 13th January 2018 – 43 points and 11 rebounds with seven assists in a 102–97 overtime win over the TCU Horned Frogs.
- 20th January 2018 – A new career-high 48 points in a close 83–81 overtime loss to the rival Oklahoma State Cowboys.
- 23rd January 2018 – 26-point and nine-assist effort in an 85–80 win over the fifth-ranked Kansas Jayhawks.
Jacob Scipio: Ethnicity, nationality, height, mother, movies and TV shows
Towards the end of his freshman regular season, he had recorded the following statistics:
- 271 assists
- 848 points
- 27.4 points per game
- 8.7 assists per game
- 48.6% assist percentage
In 2018, Oklahoma lost in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. Following the loss, Trae announced his intentions to forgo his final three seasons of collegiate eligibility. Consequently, he declared for the 2018 National Basketball Association draft.
On 21st June 2018, the player was selected with the fifth overall pick by the Dallas Mavericks during the 2018 NBA draft but was traded to the Atlanta Hawks. Trae Young’s contract entailed a protected future first-round pick.
He officially signed with the Hawks on 1st July 2018. His statistics at the Atlanta Hawks are as follows:
- 21st October 2018 – 35 points and 11 assists in a 133–111 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- 19th November 2018 – 17 assists, 25 points and three rebounds in a 127–119 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.
- 25th February 2019 – 36 points and career-high eight 3-pointers in a 119–111 loss to the Houston Rockets.
- 27th February 2019 – 36 points and ten assists in 131–123 overtime win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- 1st March 2019- 49 points and16 assists in a high-scoring 168–161 quadruple overtime loss to the Chicago Bulls.
- 31st March 2019 – 12 points and 16 assists against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- 24th October 2019 – 38 points in a 117–110 win against the Detroit Pistons.
- 29th November 2019 – 49 points in a 105–104 overtime loss to the Indiana Pacers.
- 26th January 2020 – 45 points and 14 assists in a 152–133 win against the Washington Wizards.
- 30th January 2020 – 39 points and18 assists en route to a 127–117 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
- 9th February 2020 – 48 points and 13 assists in 47 minutes in a 140–135 double-overtime victory over the New York Knicks.
- 20th February 2020 – 50 points in a 129–124 win against the Miami Heat, hitting 8-of-15 three-pointers.
- 23rd December 2020 – 37 points, seven assists, and six rebounds, in a 124–104 season-opening win over the Chicago Bulls.
- 23rd May 2021 – 32 points, seven rebounds, and ten assists against the New York Knicks.
Ronald Mayinja biography: family, life story, best songs, facts
National team career
At the national level, Young was a member of the United States, the Men’s national Under 18 team. The team won a gold medal during the 2016 FIBA Americas Under-18 Championship.
Trae has received the following titles for his exemplary skills on the court:
- 2017 – McDonald’s All American
- 2018 – NCAA season assists leader
- 2018 – NCAA season scoring leader
- 2018 – Big 12 Freshman of the Year
- 2018 – First-team All-Big
- 2018 – Wayman Tisdale Award
- 2018 – Consensus first-team All-American
- 2019 – NBA All-Rookie First Team
- 2020 – NBA All-Star
How tall is Trae Young? The player is 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 82 kg. He is 38-34-15.5 inches for his chest, waist, and biceps, respectively. He has an athletic body type and wears a shoe size 12 (US).
Eddy Kenzo: wife, net worth, house, cars, best songs, life story
House and brand endorsements
In 2019, the player bought a house in Oklahoma valued at $1.5 million. The house sits on an 81,000 square feet piece of land and has the following features:
- Five bedrooms
- Six bathrooms
- A massive kitchen
- An outdoor pool
Young had signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Adidas before coming into the NBA draft in 2018. Adidas has been sponsoring him ever since he made his NBA debut. In 2020, he announced that he would be releasing his signature shoe line.
Trae Young’s shoes were set to be released in the fall of 2021. However, during the first playoff game of the 2020/2021 season, the player debuted his signature Adidas shoe, Trae Young 1.
Trae Young’s salary and net worth
The player signed a four years contract with the Atlanta Hawks valued at $26,527,711. This includes $26,527,711 guaranteed and an annual average salary of $6,631,928. During the 2020/2021 season, he will take home a $6,571,800 base salary with a cap hit of $6,571,800 and a dead cap value of $6,571,800.
Patrick Cantlay: wife, net worth, caddie, career earnings, stats, parents
How much is Trae Young’s net worth? The player has an estimated net worth of $6 million. He has earned such a massive sum of money from his career as a basketball player.
Trae Young fast facts
- Who is Trae Young? He is an American professional basketball player from Lubbock, Texas.
- How old is Trae Young? The player is 22 years old as of 2021. He was born on 19th September 1998.
- Who are Trae Young’s parents? He is the son of Rayford Young (father) and Candice Young (mother).
- Does Trae Young have any siblings? Yes, he does. He has two brothers and one sister.
- How much was Trae Young’s contract? The four years contract with the Atlanta Hawks was valued at $26,527,711.
- Which team does Trae Young play for? He plays for the Atlanta Hawks of the National Basketball Association.
- Who is Trae Young dating? He is dating Shelby Danae Miller, an Oklahoma cheerleader. The duo met while studying at Oklahoma University.
- Where did Trae Young study? He studied at Norman North High School in Norman, Oklahoma.
- How much is Trae Young worth? He has an estimated net worth of $6 million.
Hunter Schafer bio: Gender, before surgery, measurements, modelling, Zendaya relationship
Trae Young has become a household name and a force to be reckoned with in basketball. He is an inspiration to many that it is possible to achieve their goals through hard work and commitment.
Tuko.co.ke shared the radio host Stephen A Smith. The highly successful sports personality has a significant net worth value from working for different establishments over the years.
Stephen A Smith is one of the most successful sports reporters. His achievements in the industry speak for themselves, making him an accomplished star to be emulated.
View more information: https://www.tuko.co.ke/417144-trae-young-shoes-height-salary-net-worth-contract-parents.html